Skip to content

do you have 5 mins?

If you do, then we got you.

get a quick quote

have a little more time?

Get a detailed quote.

get a quote

Log in to view and manage
your account.

Login into online portal

No login required

pay insurance now
  |   PAY   |   QUOTE   |     |  

Had an accident?

What next?

How to claim under your Motor Policy


We’re sorry to learn of your recent motor vehicle incident and hope no one was hurt. We want to address your claim as quickly and smoothly as possible. This document will help you through the process.

We advise you to:

  • Take pictures at the scene of the incident.
  • Write down what happened as soon as possible – it is easy to forget details after some time has passed.
  • Report the incident, within 24 hours, to the police station nearest to your home or to the site of the collision.
  • Take your driver’s licence and all the vehicle documents with you when making the report.
  • You are required to report the incident to us within 30 days, tell us by phone to 876-929-8451, 876-929-8454 or e-mail to or visit our office at 58 Half-Way-Tree Road, Kingston 10. This is very important.

Within Seven Days:

  • Fill out a General Accident claim form.
    • We can help you do this at the office. Bring your driver’s licence, vehicle and insurance documents with you.
    • Complete the claim form and email to us at, along with your vehicle documents and driver’s licence.
  • Get an estimate from your repairer for the damage to your vehicle and send or bring it to us. Be sure to use the repairer you intend to repair the vehicle.
  • Provide us with the wrecker invoice, if one was used.
  • Make sure you tell us where your vehicle can be inspected.
  • If you or any of your passengers were injured in the incident, please provide us with the information on the injuries. You should keep copies of all medical expenses you have, like paying for tests or prescription drugs.

For comprehensive policies, once we have the estimate, we will appoint an assessor to inspect your vehicle within 24 hours. The assessor is an independent professional not affiliated with General Accident.

They will provide us with a report 5 to 7 working days. You will be notified when the report is received.

  • The assessor’s report, which quantifies the estimate provided by your repairer, provides a guide as to how your vehicle should be repaired or if it should be treated as a Total Loss.
  • With three days of receiving the assessor’s report, we will then communicate to you how we intend to settle your claim. There are many factors which can affect the settlement of your claim.

Request a Free