|   Payment IconPAY ONLINE   |     |  

Tips for licencing and registering your vehicle


Planning to buy a car is a big step. But before you lay down the coins, make sure the vehicle is properly registered.

Here are some things you need to know:

For new vehicles, the owner or applicant must be at least 17-years-old.

The agent must present the following:

  • A Pro Forma Invoice (issued by the Motor Car firm)
  • Completed Motor Vehicle Tax Form (issued by the motor car firm)
  • Completed Registration Form No. 6
  • Certificate of Insurance
  • Payment of weighbridge fee:
  • Associated fees:
    • Registration Fee -$100.00
    • Motor Vehicle Tax is calculated – To be paid before registration
    • Weighbridge Fee- $20.00

The applicant must produce the following documents to register foreign used vehicles:

  • Customs and Excise Division (CED) Official Receipt
  • C82 Form
  • Assessment Notice
  • Record of Payment of Motor Vehicle Tax
  • Bill of Lading (BL)
  • Commercial Invoice
  • CARICOM Invoice
  • Cancellation Certificate
  • English Translation
  • Trinidad and Tobago Bureau of Standards Inspection Certificate
  • Ministry of Trade and Industry Trade Import Licence
  • Completed Registration Form
  • Driver’s Permit
  • Identification Card or Passport (Accompanied by Utility bill as Proof of Address)
  • Valid Vehicle Insurance
  • Fee- $120.00

© 2023 General Accident Insurance Company Barbados Limited